cult walking.it
bandiere
SCUOLA CULT WALKING LAGO DI GARDA Tremosine
Nordic Walking
International Nordic Walking Association INWA
SCUOLA NORDIC WALKING TREMOSINE LAGO DI GARDA
 
 
 

TREMOSINE

Eighteen small hamlets -- one (Campione) on the lake and the others (Ariās, Bassanega, Cadignano, Castone, Mezzema, Musio, Pregasio, Priezzo, Secastello, Sermerio, Sompriezzo, Ustecchio, Vesio, Villa, Voiandes, Voltino, and Pieve, which is the administrative capital) on the plateau overlooking the lake – make up the Municipality of Tremosine which, with its area covering 72 square kilometers, is one of the largest municipalities in the province of Brescia. Tremosine can be reached from Limone by way of the hamlet of Tamās, from Tignale along the "Tignalga" road, or traveling the provincial road from the locality of " Porto ", on the Gardesana road, that climbs to Pieve. The scenery is quite diverse: there are small hamlets nestled in the valleys, hills, crests, and plateaus covered with meadows, olive groves and pine forests. The altitude varies from 65 meters, where Campione is located, to the 1,976 meters of the peak of Mount Caplone bordering the towns of Tignale and Magasa. There are many trails that gently wind up the sides of the mountains to places that until 1918 marked the border with the Austro-Hungarian Empire. There are also itineraries for excursionists and even diehard mountain bikers. 

With its lake, cliffs, valleys and mountains, Tremosine offers an endless variety of views, so there’s always something for everyone.

The churches
Many of the hamlets have their own parish church or chapel. The San Giovanni Battista church in Pieve has an 11th century Romanesque bell tower and altars dedicated to the Madonna of the Rosary (17th century), the Madonna of the Miracles (18th century), and the Sacred Family (17th century), St. Rocco and St. Valentine, the Immaculate Conception, and the Last Supper. It also has numerous paintings and intricate sculpted woodwork, including the presbytery choir stalls, the sacristy counter and high-backed chairs by Giacomo Luchini of Condino (TN).  The San Bartolomeo Church in Vesio, with paintings by Gian Domenico Cignaroli, Bartolomeo Zeni and Antonio Staliani, has a recently restored organ by the famous Gaetano Callido (1727-1813). The San Michele sanctuary in the valley with the same name, is found on the trail that leads to Tremalzo. Probably built by the Longobards, who considered Saint Michael the Archangel their patron saint, the building was remodeled several times over the centuries. Besides the small church, there is also a hermitage.

CULT WALKING CENTER LAGO DI GARDA
Via Mulino 9 / Loc. Brasa - 25010 Tremosine  - P.Iva 02765400987 - E-mail:
cellulare: 0039 339 183 6898 - istruttore: Astrid Siemssen - Hahn